Too busy and not enough time to travel to a Maths tutor to get help for your child?
Has your child ever had help with Maths from an online Maths tutor? Did you know that it can actually be a more effective way of learning than getting one on one personal help with Maths? Online tutoring using Skype is a great way of having Maths tutoring lessons.
Why Is Online Maths Tutoring Via Skype So Effective?
With online Maths tutoring your child can:
- Take screenshots of the steps and working out they can see on their computer – so no time is wasted in copying notes down. By focusing only on their screen they won’t miss a step. They can then copy the notes from the screenshots later on.
- Listen to the recording of their lesson (optional) as many times as they need to. They can then review explanations and hear the answers to their questions again while looking at the relevant screenshots, a fantastic way to review each lesson. Not an easy thing to do with personal tutoring.
What To Expect In The Trial Lesson
I will be helping your child with the Maths that they need immediate help with.
- Finding out first of all what they’re struggling with.
- Getting them to read or send me the first question they want help with.
- Guiding them towards the solution by engaging them in the learning process – in other words, not just showing them “how to do it” but making sure they really understand the underlying concepts.
- Making sure they understand each step.
- Answering any questions they still have after each explanation.
At the end of the lesson a decision can be made about ongoing online lessons.
Online Maths Tutoring Essentials
The following are essential so your child can get the most out of each Skype lesson:
- Make sure you have downloaded Skype from this page, to the computer your child will be using.
- A quiet place at home without any background noise such as family members talking in the same room or coming in and out of the room, TV going in the background, doors or cupboards closing and things like that. This is because Skype tends to pick up all the noise in a room and can make it very distracting and difficult to hear what is being said.
- Ideally a desktop computer with a cable or phone connection to the internet – otherwise a laptop will work as long as there’s a good internet connection.
- Your child will need to have the questions they need help with nearby so no time is wasted looking for them. Using bookmarks or coloured sticky tags can be helpful with this.
- Either pen or pencil and paper or screen capture device eg. phone or computer screen capture, so they can copy or screenshot the steps I’ll be showing them on my tablet.
Book A FREE Trial 45min Online Lesson
- Use the booking menu just below to choose a time for your child’s free trial lesson.
- You’ll be sent an email with the date and time of the lesson.
- You’ll also receive a confirmation email reminder from me on the day of the lesson, you’ll also receive my Skype address.
- I can be contacted on 0410 577 469 if you have any questions prior to the lesson.
On the day of the lesson, please make sure your child is either early or on time! I will be ready and waiting at the time you’ve booked and if you’re late the lesson will be shorter and still finish on time.