Failing Maths?… I Can Help
Hi my name is Michael and I tutor high school students in Maths. Since 1999 I’ve helped many students who were struggling with their school Maths and wanted to:
- Not fail Maths.
- Do better than just pass.
- Get better results in their tests.
With my help they gained confidence with Maths and over time they got better results. I can help your child do the same.
Understanding is the key to doing well in Maths
The main things your child will get from my tutoring are:
- A better understanding of what they’re struggling with at school. Whatever questions they’re getting stuck on, I’ll explain them in a way your child will understand. If one way doesn’t work then I’ll keep trying different ways until they do understand.
- Confidence with Maths. As their understanding and skills improve, their confidence with Maths will grow.
- I can help your child get ahead of their class once they get on top of the areas they’re struggling with.
An Effective Way of Learning Math Methods
I won’t just show your child how to do the questions. I’ll be asking them how to do each step. If they don’t know the steps I’ll guide your child to them. That way they’ll be totally engaged in the learning process and they’ll learn way more effectively.
Their understanding and confidence will grow and they’ll get better and better at Maths. How much they improve will depend largely on how much effort they put in.
The starting point for tutoring with me is an assessment lesson. This lesson will start with finding out:
- Firstly what kind of results your child wants in Maths.
- Secondly what they find the most difficult about Maths.
- And then what they’re struggling with at the moment.
Once that’s done and depending on which assessment you choose, we’ll get started on the questions your child needs help with. We’ll spend most of the lesson going through them making sure your child understands how to do them.
The Assessment Lesson
I offer offer a paid, full one hour assessment lesson where firstly your child can let me know what their goals are and what they’re struggling with. For the remainder of the lesson the focus will be on helping your child with the questions they’re stuck on. Fee $75
I also offer a 25min free online assessment session where your child can let me know what their goals are and what they’re struggling with. If time permits I’ll help them with one or two Maths questions. There are more details on the Booking Page.
Back To Basics Essentials
If your child is struggling with Maths or has a history of struggling with it, then its more than likely they have gaps in their understanding of the basics.
My Back to Basics tutoring will help them to develop the confidence and basic Maths skills they need to get back on track at school. As they learn these skills they’ll find that their school Maths starts to become easier.
Click HERE for more details.
VCE Maths Methods
If your child is struggling with VCE Maths Methods my tutoring will give them an in-depth understanding of how to solve the problems they’re stuck on as well as a thorough preparation for their SAC’s mid-year and final exams.
Click HERE for more details.
I’ve Tutored Students Who Attended These Schools
- Haileybury College – Toorak College
- The Peninsula School – Padua College
- John Paul College – Woodleigh
- Balcombe Grammar – Melbourne High School
- Mentone Boys & Girls Grammar – Melbourne High School
- Lilydale High School – Frankston High School
- McClelland College – Elizabeth Murdoch College
- Bayside Christian College – St.Leonards
- St.Peters in Cranbourne – Frankston Tafe
- Kilbreda College – Dromana Secondary College
- Patterson River Secondary College – Carrum Downs Secondary College
Most of them did very well in Methods. Some found it very challenging but did the best they could. A couple of them were Dux at their school. Some were struggling with Maths when they came to me for tutoring and ended up doing Methods.
Some of them turned their Maths around from struggling with year 8 Maths to being good enough to do Methods in year 12 and eventually did well in their final exams.
All of them improved their results at school. All of them gained confidence with Maths. Some of them completely turned their results around. I’ve really enjoyed teaching my students over the years.
If you decide to try my tutoring it will be my pleasure to teach your child Maths and help them to become confident with Maths and get better results at school.