Stop the trying and getting the wrong answer frustration and stress for your child, with a short easy lesson each day
Have you ever seen surprising errors with what seems to be simple Maths?
This is a common occurrence with students who struggle with Maths. For one reason or another they don’t understand what they’re being taught at school and they end up with gaps in their understanding.
Possible reasons for these gaps are
- Absences from school and not being able to catch up with the rest of the class.
- They don’t understand their teacher’s explanations. Sometimes this will result in the student guessing what to do and ending up with the incorrect answer. The error in their method isn’t found and they end up using the incorrect method which keeps them from making progress.
- Not doing enough or even any set homework at home. The importance of doing homework at home is explained HERE.
- Not checking their answers. They may be doing the work in what they think is the correct way, but they’re not checking their answers. They go into the test and end up failing it. But they still continue to not correct their work in subsequent topics.
- Another scenario is that they’re not checking their answers because they know they don’t know how to do the work and they don’t want to see the answer as that will dent their low confidence even more.
- Then there is the case when they are copying the answers because they don’t know how to do the work. When asked how they did them they may say they’ve forgotten how to do them.
- Relying on their calculator and losing touch with their Maths skills.
After trying to help struggling students understand Maths when I was a school teacher, I have created a new process that is a lot easier for struggling students. You will see a new attitude from Day 1. Then you can expect to see a confidence breakthrough at some point. For some students it’s within a few lessons. For others it can take longer.
Back to Basics fits with the aims of the systems being used in most schools. So there are no worries about a conflict there.
Proof of success
There are three key things to consider:
- Back to Basics is different to what you may have already tried and I hope my explanations for the causes of difficulty make sense to you.
- You can check the sort of testimonials I get.
- I even guarantee a clear confidence breakthrough for your child at some point.
What you can expect from Back to Basics
My mission is achieving a strong, confident foundation of basic Maths skills for your child.
The key elements are:
- Easy to understand teaching and short structured exercises to complete.
- Additional homework exercise after each lesson.
- Exercises increase in difficulty incrementally so your child can easily learn new skills.