If you’re doing Math Methods and:
- Struggling with the harder textbook questions.
- Not doing well in tests, SAC’s and exams even though you’re doing ok with textbook questions.
- Not understanding how to solve past exam questions that have multiple concepts within them or even single concepts.
- Worrying about failing Methods.
Then my Math Methods tutoring program will help you develop the understanding and the Math Methods skills you need to get to start getting better results. As you learn these skills and develop the understanding of how to solve the harder problems you’ll find that your confidence will grow and Math Methods will become easier.
What you’ll get from my tutoring:
- Firstly a better understanding of textbook questions – Whatever questions you’re getting stuck on, I’ll explain them in a way you’ll understand. If one way doesn’t work then I’ll keep trying different ways until you do understand.
- A better understanding of how to solve VCAA Math Methods past exam questions – Exam questions are totally different to textbook questions and need to be approached in different ways to be solved and you’ll learn those ways over time.
- As the year progresses you’ll learn all the intricacies of doing Math Methods questions that you might not be learning at school.
- I can help you get ahead of your class – if you want to once you get on top of the questions you’re stuck on. This will be mostly exam questions and harder textbook questions that you might need help with.
An Effective Way of Learning Math Methods
- I won’t just show you how to do the questions. I’ll be asking you how to do each step. If you don’t know the steps I’ll guide you to them. That way you’ll be totally engaged in the learning process and you’ll learn way more effectively.
- Your understanding and confidence will grow and you’ll get better and better at solving past exam questions. Of course this won’t happen on it’s own. but if you put the time and do enough homework your results will improve.
The starting point for tutoring with me is an assessment lesson. In this lesson we’ll start with you letting me know:
- Firstly what kind of results you want in Methods.
- Secondly what you find the most difficult about Methods.
- And then the questions you’re stuck on.
Once that’s done we’ll get started on the questions you need help with. We’ll spend most of the lesson going through them making sure you understand them.
The Assessment Lesson
I offer a paid, full one hour assessment lesson where the focus will be on helping you with the questions you’re stuck on. Fee $75
I also offer a 25min free online assessment session where you can let me know what your goals are and what you’re struggling with. If time permits we’ll go through a question or two.
Book a time here.
I can be contacted on 0410 577 469 for more details and to make an appointment.