Tutoring via Zoom or Skype that will give your child confidence with Maths
Have you ever considered Maths tutoring online via Zoom or Skype? In some ways it can be a more effective way of learning Maths than one on one personal Maths tutoring.
Benefits of Maths Tutoring Online
- It’s easier and quicker to copy worked solutions to Maths problems by taking screenshots.
- More Maths questions and problems can be covered in each lesson depending on the type of lesson.
- Your child can listen to the recording of their Zoom lesson if need to recap some or all of the lesson.
- Of course not having to travel to your lesson is a major plus too.
What To Expect In Each Lesson
Your child will be able to:
- Ask for help in any area of Maths they’re struggling with.
- Get help with their school Maths homework.
- Get help just before a test.
- Have a free assessment to see where their areas of weakness are.
- Have all of their questions answered.
Detailed feedback on your child’s progress will be given at the end of each lesson.
Skype Maths Tutoring Guidelines
Here are some guidelines so your child can get the most out of each Skype lesson:
- A quiet place at home without any background noise such as family members talking in the same room or coming in and out of the room, TV going in the background, doors or cupboards closing and things like that. This is because Skype tends to pick up all the noise in a room and can make it very distracting and hard to hear for me as I use a headset to do Skype lessons.
- Ideally a desktop computer with a cable or phone connection to the internet – otherwise a laptop will work as long as there’s a good internet connection.
- Your child will need to have the questions they need help with nearby so no time is wasted looking for them. Using bookmarks or coloured sticky tags in their textbook and workbook can speed up finding the questions they need help with.
- Either pen or pencil and paper or screen capture device eg. phone or computer screen capture, so they can copy the steps I’ll be showing them on my tablet.
The Assessment Lesson
The starting point for Skype tutoring is for your child to have a one hour private assessment lesson. It will highlight areas of Maths that they don’t understand and need help with. Click on the link below to book an assessment lesson.