After brief introductions to each other the assessment lesson will begin with your child doing a basic skills test to see if they have any areas of weakness.
In the lesson they’ll:
- Meet and interact with me online.
- Have an assessment to find their areas of weakness with a basic skills test.
- Get started on a couple of these areas of weakness.
- Experience the learning platform I use for my students.
How I evaluate Maths
I’ll be working with your child in the lesson to:
- Understand what area(s) they’re having trouble with in Maths at school.
- Evaluate where they’re at in their learning.
- Determine the best place for them to start in their learning program.
Most of these will be determine by your child’s responses to my questions and how they go with the work they get through in the lesson.
What happens after your child’s Assessment Lesson?
If your child likes the way I explain Maths to them great! The next step will be schedule one or more private lessons or slot your child into one of the small groups.
- Answering your questions.
- Giving you feedback on how your child went and where they’re at.