Maths Tutoring Via Skype
Have you ever considered Skype Maths tutoring? In some ways it can be a more effective way of learning Maths than one on one personal Maths tutoring.
Benefits of Online Maths Tutoring Via Skype
- It’s easier and quicker to copy worked solutions to Maths problems by taking screenshots.
- More Maths questions and problems can be covered in each lesson depending on the type of lesson.
- Students can listen to the recording (optional) of their lesson if needed while looking at the relevant screenshots, a fantastic way to review each lesson – not an easy thing to do with personal tutoring.
What To Expect In Each Lesson
Your child will be able to:
- Ask for help in any area of Maths they’re struggling with.
- Get help with their school Maths homework.
- Get help just before a test.
- Have a free assessment to see where their areas of weakness are.
- Have all of their questions answered.
Detailed feedback on your child’s progress will be given at the end of each lesson.
Skype Maths Tutoring Guidelines
Here are some guidelines so your child can get the most out of each Skype lesson:
- A quiet place at home without any background noise such as family members talking in the same room or coming in and out of the room, TV going in the background, doors or cupboards closing and things like that. This is because Skype tends to pick up all the noise in a room and can make it very distracting and hard to hear for me as I use a headset to do Skype lessons.
- Ideally a desktop computer with a cable or phone connection to the internet – otherwise a laptop will work as long as there’s a good internet connection.
- Your child will need to have the questions they need help with nearby so no time is wasted looking for them. Using bookmarks or coloured sticky tags in their textbook and workbook can speed up finding the questions they need help with.
- Either pen or pencil and paper or screen capture device eg. phone or computer screen capture, so they can copy the steps I’ll be showing them on my tablet.
The Assessment Lesson
The starting point for Skype tutoring is for your child to have a one hour private assessment lesson. It will highlight areas of Maths that they don’t understand and need help with. Click on the link below to book an assessment lesson.